Adding alternative networks like PulseChain to MetaMask allows users access to a wider range of decentralized applications (dApps) and digital assets. In this step-by-step guide, we will show you how to easily add PulseChain to MetaMask.
Downloading MetaMask and adding PulseChain to your network list only takes a few minutes. This allows you access to PulseChain’s growing DeFi ecosystem, like PulseX DEX.
A Brief Introduction to PulseChain
PulseChain is a Layer 1 blockchain project initiated by Richard Heart, the founder of the popular cryptocurrency HEX. It aims to solve Ethereum’s scalability issues by offering faster transaction speeds and lower gas fees. PulseChain utilizes proof-of-stake consensus, which makes it an eco-friendly alternative to proof-of-work blockchains.
At a Glance: PulseChain
- Platform: Ethereum-compatible Layer 1 blockchain
- Consensus: Proof-of-Stake
- Features: Increased scalability, lower fees, native staking
- Launch Date: May 2023
- Supported Wallets: MetaMask, Coin98, Rainbow, etc.
How to Add PulseChain to MetaMask
Step 1: Download MetaMask
Head over to metamask.io and download the MetaMask browser extension for Chrome, Firefox, or Brave browser.
Step 2: Visit PulseChain Website
Go to https://pulsechain.com and click the “Add PulseChain to MetaMask” button.
Step 3: Connect MetaMask
Click on “Connect to PulseChain Mainnet” to connect your MetaMask wallet to PulseChain.
Step 4: Confirm Networks
You will see a pop-up to “Confirm” adding the new network. Click on “Confirm” to add PulseChain.
If you would prefer to connect directly to the PulseChain Network from your MetaMask without going through the PulseX Testnet, we have outlined the verified information below:
- Network name PulseChain
- Network URL https://rpc.pulsechain.com
- Chain ID: 369
- Currency symbol: PLS
- Block explorer URL: https://scan.pulsechain.com
Key Advantages of the PulseChain Network
- Scalability: As an Ethereum fork, PulseChain aims to solve Ethereum’s scalability issues with faster block times.
- Lower transaction costs: The average gas fee on PulseChain is expected to be 1/100th of Ethereum’s due to improvements in architecture.
- Eco-friendly consensus: PulseChain’s PoS consensus is much more energy efficient compared to Ethereum’s power-hungry PoW.
- Wide range of dApps: Popular DeFi protocols like PulseX DEX are being ported over for a thriving ecosystem of dApps.
PulseChain Supported Applications
Some of the main applications being built on PulseChain include:
- PulseX: A decentralized exchange that serves as PulseChain’s core DEX with liquidity pools and yield farming.
- PulsePad: An IDO launchpad helping new projects launch tokens and pool liquidity on PulseChain.
- SacrificeDapp: Crowdfunding app for PulseChain ecosystem projects similar to Kickstarter.
- PulseRapper: A rap battle social media dApp where users can earn tokens by participating.
With its energy-efficient PoS consensus, lower fees, and growing ecosystem of dApps, PulseChain offers a compelling alternative to Ethereum users. The easy integration with MetaMask makes it accessible for both experienced and new users alike. Downloading MetaMask and adding the PulseChain network only takes a few minutes. Users can then start exploring the burgeoning DeFi opportunities on PulseChain like PulseX.